Rec. is a beautiful screen recording app, providing untethered, flexible and fully configurable screen recording capabilities for your Android device; neatly packaged into an intuitive user interface.
Rec. (Pro) highlights include:
▪ No need to be tied to your computer while recording.
▪ Longer screen recording, with Audio – record for up to 1 hour.
▪ Audio recording via the mic.
▪ A beautiful user interface – no more messing with the command line/terminal.
▪ Save your favourite configurations as Presets.
▪ Automatically show screen touches for the duration of your recording.
▪ Customisable countdown timer so that you can get your screen recording set-up perfectly.
▪ Shake your device, or simply switch your screen off, to stop your recording early.
* Why can't I install Rec. on my device?
Your phone/tablet must be running Android 4.4 Kit Kat or Android 5.0 Lollipop.
* Why do I need root?
If you are on Android 5.0 Lollipop then you no longer need root and can ignore this question (and the next one)!
However, if you are running Android 4.4 Kit Kat, then your device must be rooted in order for Rec. to function correctly/at all.
* How do I root my device?
Unfortunately the process differs for every Android device, and so there is no universal rooting solution - however CF-Auto-Root is a good place to start. Otherwise, please search for a root guide for your particular device using Google.
* Can Rec. record audio?
Yes! Audio is recorded via the mic.
Rec. Pro users can record video + audio for up to 1 hour, whereas Rec (free) users can try out recording with audio for 5 minutes in order to test whether it works properly on their device before purchasing the upgrade.
* Why is the recording laggy and slow on my Samsung Galaxy S2/S3/Note/...?
This seems to be an issue with Exynos-based devices not playing nicely with the native screenrecord function, so there's not a lot I can do about it right now (I also don't have access to any Samsung devices). Sorry!
* Does Rec. work with Intel x86 based devices?
I have no idea (but probably not)! Unfortunately, I don't have access to any x86 devices running Android 4.4+, but if you try it, please let me know how you get on.
* Are there any other known issues?
Enabling the Audio option may cause the recording to fail on the LG G2 (on Android 4.4 Kit Kat only). I will attempt to resolve this as soon as I have access to an LG G2 device to test with.
1. Disable notifications in your Superuser app to prevent the notifications from appearing in the beginning of your recordings.
2. Switch the Size width/height values to flip the recording orientation.
3. Tap the Size label to get your device's native resolution.
Tested on a Nexus 5/7, running stock rooted 4.4 Kit Kat and Android 5.0 Lollipop, but it has been reported to work fine on other ROMs and devices also.
Unfortunately, I do not have the time or resources to test any other device/ROM combinations, so your mileage may vary.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any problems though.
Recommended for You