Shattered Pixel Dungeon is a game based upon Pixel Dungeon's Open Source. it is posted with the permission of Watabou, the original dev of Pixel Dungeon. Its aim is to make Pixel Dungeon the best game it can be, with reworks to existing content and tonnes of new stuff as well!
Both Pixel Dungeon and Shattered Pixel Dungeon belong to the roguelike genre. The dungeon and items are randomly generated, so no two play sessions are the same. Roguelike games are difficult and feature permanent death (no loading a save to try again!). While you may try and fail many times, this makes winning all the more satisfying.
Here are the current differences from Pixel Dungeon:
- Rogue and Mage classes reworked with a new exclusive item!
- Texts and boss/quest encounters in the sewers completely reworked!
- Degradation disabled
- Rings completely overhauled, 6 totally new rings!
- Wands completely overhauled, most completely reworked!
- New item class: ARTIFACTS! unique utility items that do not need scrolls of upgrade!
- New food and plant types
- Many potions/seeds/scrolls tweaked to be more useful, a few nerfed as well.
- Dew vial no longer autorevives, but can now bless an ankh.
- many balance tweaks and bugfixes
Shattered Pixel Dungeon is constantly being updated, so expect this list to grow!
It is of the utmost importance that Shattered Pixel Dungeon still feels and plays like Pixel Dungeon, if you encounter any bugs or issues please contact me and I will try to sort them out. If something seems out of place or overpowered/underpowered, let me know and I'll look into it.
Shattered Pixel Dungeon is open source under the GPLv3 Licence. It is currently using v1.7.5a of Pixel Dungeon's source, and will be updated when new source is available. You can find the current Shattered Pixel Dungeon source here: https://github.com/00-Evan/shattered-pixel-dungeon
If you would like to do any work with this source code, please contact me first as a courtesy.
Recommended for You