Lyft - Taxi & Bus Alternative v2.25.0
Need a lift? Use Lyft to get an affordable ride in minutes. Instead of hailing a cab or waiting for the bus, just request a car with the tap of a button, and get picked up by a nearby friendly driver who’ll take you to your destination right away. Enjoy a welcoming, affordable, and memorable ride today.
Our app is cheaper than a taxi, faster than the bus, and easy to use.
• Getting Started: After downloading Lyft and signing up, simply open the app and request a ride.
• Paying: Never worry about having cash for a cab or the bus again — with Lyft, you pay through your phone. It’s easy, fast, and secure.
• Split the Cost: Easily split the cost of a ride with friends through the app. No more IOU’s.
About Our Drivers
• All Lyft drivers pass comprehensive background and DMV checks before being approved for the service.
• Drivers are rated by passengers and only the highest-rated drivers are allowed on the road.
• Lyft provides a first-of-its-kind $1M liability insurance for total peace of mind.
Join the millions who’ve chosen Lyft instead of a cab for commuting, going out at night, and getting to events. Next time you need a ride, skip the bus, taxi, or car service and choose Lyft.
What people are saying:
"Ride-sharing programs like Lyft are providing commuters with less expensive and more social ways to get around. Users log into the app, specify where they’re heading, and a background-checked driver picks them up for less than a typical cab ride." - TODAY Show on how Lyft works
"In a city where taxis can be scarce and Uber’s black town cars are rampant but expensive, Lyft has quickly gained visibility due to low prices and quirky branding." - Ad Age on what differentiates Lyft
"Lyft's focus on the everyman has recently extended to the wildly successful Lyft Line carpool service aimed at commuters, which offers discounts of 30% to 60% for sharing a Lyft ride with others." - Fast Company on Lyft Line
“...Special emphasis was put on making rides reflect the values of the company. The founders didn’t want the experience to be like a taxi or an Uber ride, where a passenger sat in the back and didn’t interact with the driver.” - Techcrunch on Lyft’s community values
“Lyft is a foreign country for an Uber refugee, but it doesn't take long to feel at home there.” - Mashable, on switching to Lyft from Uber
“ A few weeks ago, one Lyft driver served me homemade lemon bread. The experience feels less mercenary than taking an Uber ride, as if you’re engaging a friend rather than a chauffeur, which is exactly the atmosphere you’d want in a daily car pool.” - New York Times, on the difference between Lyft and Uber
For Lyft drivers using the app, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Recommended for You