Field Recorder is only available on Google Play!
Turn your smartphone and tablet into an HQ audio recorder!
Customers say it is the best audio recorder app that money can buy and worth every cent.
Field Recorder provides easy-to-use presets for standard tasks like dictation or concert recording. However, it is designed for professional use as it provides more than 80 options to customize it to the given device and situation. Also, external microphones are supported.
• Records and plays mono or stereo wav files
• Supports file overwrite or resume record dubbing modes
• Up to 90 seconds pre- and 4s post recording. You won't miss any important stuff even if you are too late at the start button
• Auto start, stop, and continue, depending on loudness. The control signal can be filtered independently to optimize it for voices and other audio signals
• When recording, automatic stop at 4GB maximum file size and even seamless restart of a new file is available (activate auto start with a low threshold)
• High-precision stereo audio engine with minimum-phase shelving equalizers and stereo balance correction to compensate for flaws of the microphones. Also with recording booster, configurable limiters, soft clipping, and high-quality monitoring
• Wav player with volume maximizer, silent and audible fast-forward and fast-rewind, and low-latency random access to any play position via progress bar
• Stores recordings internally or on any chosen SD card (even if you have two or more SD cards installed). Default is SD card. Optionally makes recordings visible to your favorite player
• 9200 colors available for the metallic-brushed skin. Also, you choose round or rectangular LEDs, left-hand operation, the button size, and your favorite color for the LCD display
The First 2 Hours: Getting Started
Use the Play Store 2 hours return period to test how audio recording works on your phone. Start with the presets which you select by touching "Factory". Probably, you find a preset in the cloud perfectly adapted to your smartphone!
Then try the different inputs from "In:MicA" to "In:MicE" (touch "In:MicA"). If you activate "Monitor", use headphones to avoid an acoustic feedback loop. Check without creating audio files, just by pressing the pause button, which activates the level meters. In the LCD you see a date/time string as the potential file name.
• The name of a modified preset is shown in the LCD in gray
• Play back uses the PlayLimiter and ignores the Monitor switch, so monitoring can be deactivated during recording
• Touch "time/position/free" label to show remaining recording duration
• Touch battery symbol to toggle between battery and CPU usage
• Touch "CLIP" to reset clip LEDs
• Touch meter to open its configuration menu
• The meter shows peak amplitudes or the start/stop control signal
• Active auto start overrules pressing the pause button
• The 1.5kHz filter optimizes the auto start/stop control signal for speech. 750Hz are better with high-frequency environmental noise, 3kHz reduce low-frequency influence
• Soft Clipping is active above -3dBFS
• Limiting and Soft Clipping work only if Boost is greater than 0dB
• Recording Boost above 20dB might produce hardware feedback loop (caused by weak power supply)
• Overwrite and Append modify existing recordings (warning can be switched on/off)
• Activate flight mode to reduce noise floor
Recommended for You