Oxford Handbook Clin Dentistry v2.3.1
THIS APP BOOK for Oxford Handbook of Clinical Dentistryincludes unique functions such as:
• A powerful search
• Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
• Notes and picture notes
About this title
• The essential guide for all dental students, trainees, and practitioners
• Emphasizes universally relevant clinical knowledge and skills throughout
• Fully updated, including rapidly moving fields such as therapeutics, anaesthesia, analgesia, and sedation
• Full colour, with new diagrams, techniques, clinical guidelines and equipment included
• Summary boxes provided throughout to facilitate interaction and highlight important issues
New to this edition
• More colour images and diagrams
• New sections entitled 'What's your posion?'
• Life support protocols updated, and new websites added to the e-learning sections
• New sections to provide guidance on differences in healthcare and legal requirements in each of the UK devolved countries
• Includes a completely revised section on restorative dentistry
• Updated aetiology and management of oral and oropharyngeal cancer
• New information added on the impact of bisphosphonates and anti-rank ligand antibody
• Includes new material on Temporary Anchorage Devices (TADS) in orthodontics
• Provides new approaches to the management of Class III malocclusions in the growing child
After more than twenty years of recognition as the indispensable guide for all dental students and practitioners, the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Dentistry has been fully revised and updated for its new sixth edition, now better than ever!
The authors have distilled the essentials of clinical practice into a readily accessible style. Concise and practically focused, the handbook balances a pragmatic approach alongside evidence-based clinical knowledge, guidelines and protocols. This handbook is in full colour, with even more images and diagrams to aid understanding. It has been fully updated with sources and further reading, including the most up-to-date e-learning and web resources.
The handbook includes revised chapters on fast-moving areas of dental practice such as therapeutics and anaesthesia, as well as updates on the aetiology and management of cancer, reflecting recent discoveries. New material also includes the impact of bisphosphonates, and new approaches to the management of Class III malocclusions in the growing child. Sections on the differences in healthcare and legal requirements of the UK devolved countries have been added, and all life support protocols have been updated.
This concise and practical distillation of the essential knowledge and skills for dental practice has been highly regarded by dental students and practitioners for over twenty years. Now it is more vital than ever for you to ensure the most up-to-date edition is always close to hand!
Readership: Undergraduate dental students, dental foundation trainees, qualified dental practitioners, medical graduates and nurses involved in hospital dental specialities, and MJDF/MFDS trainees.
Authors: David A. Mitchell and Laura Mitchell
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. The apps enables you to make notes, picture notes, search, add bookmarks and review what you previously been reading. The app also contains a set of medical calculators.
Recommended for You