Barcode Scanner+ is an enhanced version of the popular, free Barcode Scanner application, which is a product of the ZXing open-source barcode scanning library from Google. Barcode Scanner+ is based on the same code, and has been developed by one of the two primary authors of the original Barcode Scanner, Sean Owen.
Barcode Scanner+ includes all of Barcode Scanner's functionality, and is intended as a drop-in replacement for Barcode Scanner. It adds several enhancements:
Better barcode scanning
- New image processing algorithm for detection of 1D barcode formats, including UPC and EAN product codes
- Uses both cores of dual-core processors
- Optionally, scan for Aztec and PDF417 barcodes (note: PDF417 support is 'alpha' quality)
- Rewritten to take advantage of Java 6, Android 2.2+ APIs, and latest Android SDK features
Refined user interface
- Now scan in tall "portrait" orientation, in addition to "landscape" orientation
- More intuitive pattern-based scanning guide
- Streamlined and improved user interface elements
- Android 4 and tablet device support
- Expanded Help screens
- Decode a barcode from an image file
- Option to scan light-on-dark barcodes
- Activate device's LED light to scan in low light
- Basic support for scanning NFC tags
- Amazon product information
Also available in "simple" version, without functionality that requires special permission. See "Barcode Scanner+ Simple".
Purchasing this application also supports development of the ZXing open-source barcode scanning library.
Barcode Scanner+ does not collect, store or transmit information about its users, nor usage of the application. The application accesses personal information such as contacts and bookmarks only in order to implement application functionality, such as sharing contacts and bookmarks by QR Codes on screen.
(aka Barcode Scanner Plus)
Recommended for You