Oxford Handbook Genitourin Med v2.3.1
THIS APP BOOK for Oxford Handbook of Genitourinary Medicine, HIV, and Sexual Healthincludes unique functions such as:
• A powerful search
• Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
• High resolution pictures
• Notes and picture notes
About this title
• Provides a wealth of practical information on sexually transmitted diseases and the principles of providing services
• Features evidence-based, practical information on the specialty, covering medico-legal, ethical, and procedural issues
• Includes a disease-orientated description of conditions both directly related and opportunistic, and their management, and data on special situations such as pregnancy
• Accompanied by an extensive colour plate section
New to this edition
• Fully revised throughout, with enhanced and expanded chapters on STIs in primary care, sexual assault, sexual health promotion, law and ethics, special genitourinary situations, and HIV/AIDS
• Features new chapters on contraception and genital dermatology
• Includes new detail on the roles of GUM HIV specialist nurses, and support workers, and patient group directives, in line with recent developments in the field
The new edition of this successful handbook provides a balance of evidence-based information on Genitourinary Medicine (GUM), including HIV/AIDS. It provides high quality, digestible clinical detail and also practical information on the ever-increasing medico-legal, ethical, and procedural issues of growing importance when dealing with these complex topics. Designed primarily for the trainee in GUM, it is also a valuable reference and resource for the specialist physician, nurse, and other professionals working in the field of sexual health. The new edition remains relevant to those working in this field and features practical enhanced sections on contraception and genital dermatology written by specialist contributors, and information for general practitioners in order to provide services for STIs.
The book consists of three easy-to-follow sections. The first section deals with routine management within GUM; medico-legal and ethical issues, the standard patient, special situations, and routine clinical and laboratory processes that include simple flow chart guidance on common clinical presentations. The second section details GUM conditions in a disease-orientated style, including STIs and also other genitourinary problems that may present. The third section on HIV provides a contemporary epidemiological overview of this infection, basic viral biology and pathogenesis, a disease-orientated description of conditions both directly related and opportunistic, and their management and data on special situations such as pregnancy. Finally guidance on commonly used abbreviations is shown together with a useful resource directory for staff.
Authors: Richard Pattman, Nathan Sankar, BabikerElawad, Pauline Handy, and David Ashley Price
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. The apps enables you to make notes, picture notes, search, add bookmarks and review what you previously been reading. The app also contains a set of medical calculators.
MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care! Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, PDR Network LLC, Wiley and more.
Recommended for You