Total Downloads: 85903.3
SnoopSnitch analyzes mobile radio data to warn about insecure network and mobile threats such as fake base stations (IMSI catchers), user tracking, and SS7 attacks.
To use SnoopSnitch, a rooted device with a Qualcomm chipset is required. Unfortunately, custom ROMs are often unsupported at the moment as they can lack necessary proprietary kernel module. (Some successful CyanogenMod installs have been reported.)
This application uses data contributed by other users. By choosing to upload your measurement results or security events, you can help improve this data base and support future research.
SnoopSnitch will ask for confirmation whenever any information is uploaded. All uploads are encrypted.
The following permissions are required:
- ACCESS_SUPERUSER: Open Qualcomm diagnosis interface to capture radio data
- CALL_PHONE, READ_PHONE_STATE, SEND_SMS, RECEIVE_SMS: Generate mobile network traffic recorded in active tests
- GET_TASKS: Retrieve state of helper processes interacting with diagnosis interface
- WAKE_LOCK: Acquire CPU for long-running analysis steps
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION, ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: record location of IMSI catchers and security events if configured
- INTERNET: Download new data from gsmmap.org, upload radio traces and debug logs upon request
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Postpone uploads until network is available
SnoopSnitch is open-source software released under the GPLv3. For source code and further information, please visit the project website: https://opensource.srlabs.de/projects/snoopsnitch
PGP fingerprint: 9728 A7F9 D457 1FBB 746F 5381 D52C AC10 634A 9561
-- snoop snitch
Recommended for You