The new Weather Underground Android app provides the world's most accurate hyper-local weather forecasts in addition to interactive radar, satellite maps and severe weather alerts. Powered by our unique community of weather enthusiasts reporting live data from weather stations in their own backyards, this crowd-sourced data generates forecasts targeted to your precise location.
What’s New in Version 5.2
● Is the glass half full or half empty? No need for philosophy. Look at our forecast graph, complete with forecasted accumulation of rain and snow.
● The radar widget's map looks less like something you'd find under your couch. The new map is clearer, more legible, topographically informative, and no longer looks like clip art from the '90s.
● Bugs have been reduced, security and performance has been improved. As yet, no updates on our search for the meaning of life.
● Status notification: instantly view current temperature and conditions
● Current conditions from your local weather station include temperature, feels like, wind speed & direction, humidity, dew point, visibility
● 10-day Forecasts (Daily, Hourly) + text summary
● Interactive Map showing all the personal weather stations in your neighborhood with animated radar, satellite, and much more data
● Favorite Locations and Recent Searches
● Crowd reporting
● Light or Dark mode
● Switch between Forecast on Demand & NWS Forecast
● National Weather Service Radio
● Health Tile: Monitor air quality, UV risk, & local flu outbreaks
● Customizable Widgets
● Push notifications: keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts
● Purchase ad free subscriptions for $1.99 per year
WHAT MAKES THIS WEATHER APP DIFFERENT FROM OTHER APPS?
WE FILL IN THE GAPS
Our 180,000+ personal weather stations report the most localized weather conditions. The data that we collect from our user-owned weather stations fills in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
INTERACTIVE WEATHER & RADAR MAP
The most interactive weather map on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays including current conditions, animated radar, satellite, webcams and severe weather. Customize the map by selecting specific data layers or choose from the various map presets such as severe alerts.
Sky reports let you tell us if the sky conditions we’re reporting are what you're actually observing. If you see something different you can report the conditions you're experiencing for the benefit of other app users. Hazard reports allow you to report any hazardous road conditions you experience to help other people in your area.
ABOUT WEATHER UNDERGROUND
Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, CA.
Recommended for You