What are duplicate files?
1. The music, photo, video or app that you downloaded from the internet twice or more.
2. The music, photo, video or app that you received via Bluetooth twice or more.
3. The cached images or thumbnails, some media apps create them.
4. The backup files, some backup apps create them.
The duplicate/dupe files have the same content, regardless of file extension, regardless of different names.
The duplicates occupy a lot of storage space, slow down the file search speed and prevent you from downloading more music, photo, video or apps, it's difficult to distinguish them one by one.
With Search Duplicate File, an Android smart utility app, you can locate and remove these duplicate files easily and accurately! It can free up a lot of storage space on your Android device!
It is the first Android app used to search for duplicate files, since 2011, and it is the fastest and most powerful duplicate remover!
>>> Features(since 2011):
★ How to Use ★
★ Major ★
● Powerful search engine makes it the fastest duplicate app for Android.
● Smart-Selector can quickly and accurately distinguish original and duplicates, regardless of file extension, regardless of different names.
● Smart-Selector can select the files which have the same extension or folder.
● Support internal storage, external SD card and OTG storages. Android Kitkat has access limit for external SD card, see "Known Issues" below.
● Distinguish real duplicates from your mount points, other similar apps may delete your files by mistake.
● Preview image, audio, video or app before deleting them.
● Share/save files before deleting them.
● Save/restore the folder selections.
● Save/restore the search results.
● Exclude the search results: Discard some search results.
● Filter the search results: Pick some search results to handle them.
1. Filter by image, audio, video, document or app.
2. Filter by keyword, regular expression, case sensitive, highlight keyword.
● Specify the file type, file extension and/or file size in Settings - General.
1. Search for image, audio, video, document or app.
2. Search for hidden files or folders.
3. Specify file size.
★ User Experience ★
● Support switching languages, your translation is really appreciated: email@example.com, thank you!
● Support landscape mode, for your Android Tablet.
● Support physical keyboard, for your Android TV.
● Remind you with notification after search is finished.
● Search results are grouped by file size.
● Batch select/deselect files or groups.
● Batch delete/exclude files or groups.
● Batch expand/collapse groups.
★ Advanced ★
● Save search result to text file, change it to shell script and run it on PC, please create /sdcard/duplicates.txt file firstly.
● Long tap filename, filepath or MD5, copy to system clipboard, on file details view.
● Support wildcard characters "*" at Settings - General - Custom include field.
>>> Usage Tips:
● Each result group contains both original file and duplicate files, deselect at least one file as original file.
● Long tap folder chooser/result list to get more operations.
>>> Many Thanks:
Eugene Sazonov (Russian)
Enthusiastic user (Greek)
>>> Known Issues:
● OutOfMemoryError, if you have too many files to search, it may cause OutOfMemoryError, to avoid this issue, please specify file size in Settings - General.
● Unable to delete files on Android 4.4 Kitkat external SD card because of Google's Policy.
● In Gallery/Media Player apps, media files still there, or all disappeared.
1. Delete hidden file /sdcard/.nomedia.
2. Clear Media Storage data. Settings - Apps - All - Media Storage - Clear data.
3. Reboot your device and wait for a while.
Recommended for You