'strongly recommended as a handy work of reference.... this book deserves to sell well to a wide audience' Times Higher Education Supplement
An authoritative and comprehensive dictionary containing 2,500 key economic terms with clear, concise definitions. It covers all aspects of economics including economic theory, applied microeconomics and macroeconomics, labour economics, public economics and public finance, monetary economics, environmental economics, and many others. There is strong coverage of international trade and many entries on economic organizations and institutions from around the world. This edition contains expanded coverage of common econometric concepts and highlights major theoretical concepts including agency, competition, equilibrium.
Fully revised and updated, this edition now features recommended web links at entry level. This book is as ideal for browsing as it is useful for quick reference, and it remains an essential guide for students and teachers of economics, business, and finance, as well as professional economists and anyone who has to deal with economic data.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
Recommended for You