Oxford Astronomy Trial v4.3.122
Total Downloads: 17644.5
‘This book is rich in peculiarities for the interested observer’ The Independent
The revised second edition of this established dictionary contains over 4,300 up-to-date entries covering all aspects of astronomy. Compiled with the help of over 20 expert contributors under the editorship of renowned author and broadcaster Ian Ridpath, A Dictionary of Astronomy covers everything from space exploration and the equipment involved, to astrophysics, cosmology, and the concept of time. The dictionary also includes biographical entries on eminent astronomers, as well as worldwide coverage of observatories and telescopes. Supplementary material is included in the appendices, such as tables of Apollo lunar landing missions and the constellations, a table of planetary data, and numerous other tables and diagrams complement the entries.
The entries have been fully revised and updated for this edition, and new entries have been added to reflect the recent developments within the field of astronomy, including magnetic reconnection, Fornax cluster, luminosity density, and Akatsuki.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
Recommended for You