Oxford Dict of English & Thes v4.3.122
Total Downloads: 24574.0
This dictionary software bundle includes the leading single-volume English dictionary, the Oxford Dictionary of English and the comprehensive Concise Oxford Thesaurus.
The Oxford Dictionary of English has been completely revised and updated to include the very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases, and meanings as well as 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, doubled with both British & American voice versions, including words with controversial pronunciation or with variant pronunciations. This edition includes thousands of brand-new words and senses, as well as up-to-date encyclopedic information.
The Concise Oxford Thesaurus is ideal for helping you pinpoint exactly the right word, whether you are writing a letter, preparing a report, composing an essay, writing creatively, or solving a crossword. Over 300,000 synonyms and antonyms, ideal for use in word games and puzzles, to improve your writing or to find the word on the tip of your tongue. Other useful features include thousands of example phrases helping you to select the correct word, and opposites and related terms clearly marked.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
Recommended for You