Oxford Mathematics Dict Tr v4.3.126
Total Downloads: 24624.2
'The depth of information provided is admirable' New Scientist
Authoritative and reliable, this A-Z provides jargon-free definitions for even the most technical mathematical terms. With 3,000 entries ranging from Achilles paradox to zero matrix, it covers all commonly encountered terms and concepts from pure and applied mathematics and statistics, for example, linear algebra, optimisation, nonlinear equations, and differential equations. In addition, there are entries on major mathematicians and on topics of more general interest, such as fractals, game theory, and chaos.
Using graphs, diagrams, and charts to render definitions as comprehensible as possible, entries are clear and accessible and offer an ideal introduction to the subject. Also included are lists of Nobel Prize winners and Fields' medallists, Greek letters, formulae, and - new to this edition - tables of inequalities, moments of inertia, Roman numerals, and more. This edition contains recommended web links at entry level.
Fully revised and updated in line with curriculum and degree requirements this dictionary is indispensable for students and teachers of mathematics, and for anyone encountering mathematics in the workplace.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
Recommended for You