Concise Oxford English & Thes v4.3.122
Total Downloads: 234574.2
This value software pack consists of the most popular dictionary worldwide - the Concise Oxford English Dictionary and the Concise Oxford Thesaurus. The Concise English Dictionary and is noted for its clear, concise definitions as well as its comprehensive and authoritative coverage of the vocabulary of the English-speaking world. The Thesaurus is ideal for helping you pinpoint exactly the right word, whether you are writing a letter, preparing a report, composing an essay, writing creatively, or solving a crossword.
Increase Your Word Power
* Over 240,000 words, phrases, and definitions, covering technical and scientific vocabulary as well as English from around the world
* A comprehensive thesaurus with over 300,000 synonyms and antonyms, ideal for use in word games and puzzles, to improve your writing or to find the word on the tip of your tongue
* 50,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words including words with controversial pronunciation or with variant pronunciations
* Hundreds of new words and phrases, based on the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus
* Usage notes, offering help with tricky and controversial questions
* Thousands of example sentences help you select the right sense
* 500+ related word notes E.g. look up 'horse' and find the adjective 'equine', look up 'light' and find 'optics'
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
* A quick search of words while you type.
* A 'fuzzy filter' when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
* A wild card search function (*) which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
* Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
* History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
* Discover more about language with the special language notes.
* See words in context with example sentences.
* 'Word-of-the-day' feature with homescreen widget.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
Recommended for You