Collins English and Thesaurus v4.3.103
Total Downloads: 177984.3
• Search over 500,000 English words, references and examples in this 30th anniversary edition of the Collins’ flagship dictionary.
• Let the Thesaurus help you find that tantalizing solution to tricky language clues with over 377,000 synonyms and antonyms.
• Latest vocabulary, based upon Collins’ 2.5 billion word database
• 6,000 biographical entries
• Key expressions and example sentences
• Usage notes give advice on using the right word in the right place
• Cultural notes on life and language
• Thousands of etymologies trace the roots of modern English
• A clear design that makes this dictionary accessible and easy to use
• Key synonyms for each sense, offering the most helpful alternative
• Opposites provide you with another way of expressing yourself
• A wide range of Idioms and phrases included
• Related words to help you expand your vocabulary
• Quotations add wit, sparkle and originality
• Illustrative examples from real English show how the entry word is used
• Usage and regional labels to help you identify areas of usage
• Extensive coverage of English as an international language
• 550 Subject word lists add an extra dimension to your vocabulary
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
Recommended for You