CURRENT Medical Diag. & Treat. v1.0
Total Downloads: 174135.0
The 2015 Edition is packed with important NEW information!
For more than 70 years, professors, students, and clinicians have trusted LANGE for high-quality, current, concise medical information in a convenient, affordable, portable format. Whether for coursework, clerkships, USMLE prep, specialty board review, or patient care, there's a LANGE book that guarantees success.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
• Latest 2014 American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology guidelines for anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation, and indications for interventions in valvular heart disease
• Update on the epidemic of opioid-based prescription drug abuse, misuse and overdose, and new section on opioids for chronic, noncancer pain
• Revised treatment options for Helicobacter pylori and chronic hepatitis C
• Latest hypertension information from 2013 UK National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence and US Joint National Committee (JNC8) Reports
• Discussion of which patients benefit from statins, and indications for high vs. moderate intensity statins, based on 2014 AHA/ACC guidelines
• Scoring tools for assessing the severity of acute pancreatitis
• Revised psychiatric diagnoses in accordance with the Diagnostic Statistical Manual’s 5th edition
No other text links practice and research like CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment! Written by clinicians renowned in their fields, this trusted annual text offers the most current insight into symptoms, signs, epidemiology, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment for more than 1,000 diseases and disorders. You'll find concise, evidence-based answers to questions about both hospital and ambulatory problems. The streamlined format of each section in this clinical companion is the fastest, easiest way to keep abreast of the latest diagnostic advances, prevention strategies, and cost-effective treatments.
Here's why CMDT is essential to your clinical practice:
• Strong emphasis on the practical aspects of clinical diagnosis and patient management throughout the broad fields of internal medicine
• Full review of other relevant primary care topics, including obstetrics/gynecology, dermatology, neurology, urology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, geriatrics, women’s health, and palliative care
• Hundreds of medication treatment tables, with indexed trade names and updated prices
• Many helpful diagnostic and treatment algorithms
• Only text with an annual review of advances in HIV treatment
• Recent references with PMID numbers for easy online access
• Many full-color photographs and illustrations
This app is easy to navigate, allowing you to browse the contents or search for keywords and phrases. The search tool will find text, images and tables with one single fast search. The search tool shows you suggested words as you type so it is quick and helps with spelling issues. The text search results show the most relevant results at the top of the search. This app also lets you create bookmarks and notes, allowing you to customize the content to fit your needs. You can also change the text size for easier reading. No internet connection needed to view the full app. It is all ready for quick image and information retrieval.
Authors: Maxine Papadakis, MD, Stephen McPhee, MD, and Michael W. Rabow, MD (San Francisco, CA) are affiliated with the University of California-San Francisco School of Medicine.
Disclaimer: This app is intended for the education of healthcare professionals and not as a diagnostic and treatment reference for the general population.
Developed by Usatine Media, LLC
Richard P. Usatine, MD, Co-President, Professor of Family Medicine, Professor of Dermatology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Peter Erickson, Co-President, Lead Software Developer
Recommended for You