Total Downloads: 16645.0
HangArt puts a creative twist on the classic word game Hangman. Kids ages five and up use the building blocks of spelling, handwriting practice, drawing, and storytelling to play, create, and imagine.
• Play Hangman with sight words and pictures.
• Draw pictures of won words in the Word Gallery.
• Make and record stories in the Story Studio.
• Practice handwriting in Letter Practice activity.
• Supports visual, auditory, kinesthetic, and ELL learners
• Research-based play experience that supports key literacy skills for Kindergarten to Grade 3.
• Developed in collaboration with Milken Educator Award recipient Patty McGee, author of Feedback that Moves Writers Forward (forthcoming, Corwin Press, 2016)
• App font, Castledown, recognized by Wired Magazine as a “font designed to help kids learn to read and write.” Sans-serif, dyslexic friendly.
• Fun rewards badges tied to literacy activities of spelling, drawing, and writing.
• Grownups Dashboard offers analytics about user activity and achievements.
Set little word learners, artists, and storytellers free in a literacy playground with three unique play centers: Play Hangman, Word Gallery, Story Studio. Plus letter tracing practice and activity. No In-App purchases or ads.
• Play alone or in two-player mode, with friends, or with families using words and pictures.
• Recognize, practice, and learn to read sight words with hangman game that contains 200 sight words from Kindergarten through Grade 3 Dolch, Fry, and Teachers College lists. Game increases in difficulty based on player’s performance.
• Each word comes with an original illustration by Kavita Ramchandran, inspired by global arts, culture, and diversity.
• Hints, First letter, and Last Letter support available.
• Kid voiceovers model letters and words and support English Language Learners.
• Strengthen handwriting skills with upper and lowercase tracing with Castledown, which Wired magazine calls “a custom font designed to help kids learn to read and write”
• 200 original illustrations of sight words.
• Playback illustrations of won words serve as mini-drawing lessons for young artists.
• Kids draw their own pictures of won words and add to create a custom Word Gallery
• Players use the same custom drawing tool used by HangArt’s artist to create and add their own drawings for sight words.
• Unique drawing tool captures data points of kids drawings, then saves to playback.
• Shake device to select images, then create and record illustrated stories in Story Studio.
• Audio recording feature ideal for early readers who want to flex creative muscles and imagination, but cannot write yet.
• Edit function allows more advanced players to revise stories.
• All stories can be saved and played back as mini-books.
More Unique Features:
• Two-player mode ideal for family gameplay and classroom collaboration
• Classroom and Family Friendly: Reinterprets the traditional “hangman” as a man who hangs from a monkey bar, falling off when you lose a word!
• Get unique insights about kids’ sight word learning and literacy progress in the Grownups Dashboard
• Build a growth mindset in children with model language to encourage gameplay in Grownups Dashboard
• Encourage self-evaluation in children with a word self-rating emoji feature (similar to the “pain-scale”)
• Original music and sound FX by Nickelodeon and Dora the Explorer composers Steve Sandberg and David Cerullo
• Sound FX On/Off options
• Kid Voiceovers to support non-readers
• Letter name when a letter is touched in the alphabet
• Word name when hangman word is completed
• Alphabetic keyboard
• Uppercase or lowercase letters gameplay
• Audio recording in Story Studio to train and create little podcasters
Please send any suggestions to [email protected]. We want to hear from you!
Recommended for You