G-NetTrack Pro is a fieldtest/netmonitor application for UMTS/GSM/LTE/CDMA/EVDO network. It allows monitoring and logging of mobile network parameters without using specialized equipment. It's a tool and it's a toy. It can be used by professionals to get better insight on the network or by radio enthusiasts to learn more about wireless networks.
It is enhanced version of free version of G-NetTrack with many enhancements and fixes.
G-NetTrack Pro features:
- 2G/3G/4G serving and neighbor cells measurements
- Record measurements in logfiles (text and kml format)
- OUTDOOR and INDOOR measurements
- AUTO INDOOR mode for tunnels and places with bad GPS reception
- Measurements logging in text and kml files
- Cellfile import/export and sites and serving and neighbor cells lines visualization on map
- 3D map - different types of maps, 3D buildings, maps auto caching
- Voice/Data (upload,download,ping)/SMS test sequence
- Multithread upload and download
- Chart with serving and neighbor cells levels
- Floorplans loading
- Predefined routes loading
- Unlimited number of cell layers and custom cell colors
- Send measurements online to G-NetWorld database
- Screen orientation change
See G-NetTrack Pro video demonstration here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSuxt2FrXXc
If your phone does not show MENU - press and hold multitasking button or click on app version label in upper right corner.
LEVEL and QUAL depend on technology:
- 2G - RXLEVEL and RXQUAL
- 3G - RSCP and ECNO
- 4G - RSRP and RSRQ
Only for 4G also SNR, CQI and timing advance are monitored
Measurement availability depends on the phone. Check here - http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/survey/surveyresults.php.
Serving and neighbor cells levels are based on new API functions. If some of them are not correct switch on "Use old functions" for serving or neighbor cells in Settings - Other.
If LEVEL is -200dBm or less that means your device does not report correctly and you have to search for a software update from your device manufacturer. Anyway you can still use the app for logging the call and data transfer statistics.
G-NetTrack Pro manual - http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/manuals/gnettrackpro_manual.php
G-NetWorld - webservice for measurements sent from G-NetTrack users - http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/G-NetWorld/G-NetWorld.php
The measurements are uploaded:
- online - Menu - Settings - G-NetWorld - Send Measurements Online (requires internet connection)
- offline - by uploading a file manually from the G-NetTrack (Menu-More-Upload File) or going to upload page
G-NetDiag - online tool for visualization and postprocessing of text log files is available - http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/G-NetDiag/G-NetDiag.html
Measurements can be recorded in logfile. During the log mode the screen should be on in order serving cell to be updated. You can also start optionally voice, data or SMS sequences in order to monitor the network for blocked and dropped calls and to measure upload and download bitrate and SMS service success rate.
- start log (Menu - Start Log)
- the app starts to create kml and text tab export for the selected measurements
- it also creates event kml and text file - for cell reselections, handovers, Call Start, Call End, Call Drop, Call Block and SMS
- when you are finished with measurements press End Log button
- you can find kml exports and tab exports in folder G-NetTrack_Pro_Logs on sdcard
There are 3 automatic sequences VOICE. DATA and SMS that can be performed.
If you have information about the sites you can create cellfile and you can view sites on map - see the screenshots. Put the file in the folder G-NetTrack_Logs/cellfile.
For more information go to http://www.gyokovsolutions.com
Recommended for You