Adguard is a remarkable web filter that protects you from annoying advertising, malicious and phishing websites, online tracking and much more. Adguard really handles all types of internet ads, speeds up page load, saves bandwidth and increases your device protection against possible threats. Adguard filters only browsers traffic and does not interfere with other apps you use. We use a unique technology that allows filtering the traffic on your device without ROOT privileges. Filtering speed does not depend on the work of VPN server, as it is embedded right in your device.
How does Adguard protection works?
Adguard filters your browsers traffic by blocking requests to phishing and malicious websites and removing intrusive browser advertising.
Adguard can use two modes of traffic filtering.
- Local VPN mode.
- Local HTTP proxy mode.
Local VPN mode
If you are using this mode, Adguard does not need ROOT privileges to carry out filtering. At the same time, VPN-server is located on your device, so that there is no need to pass your traffic through a remote server in order to filter it.
Local HTTP proxy mode
- In this mode Adguard launch a local HTTP proxy server on your device. This mode is recommended if you use a rooted device
- Otherwise, manual adjustment of an HTTP proxy will be needed to use this mode, the filtering in mobile networks (Edge/3G/4G) will also be impossible.
- Protection against malicious and phishing sites. Our blacklists contain millions of websites. With Adguard you are protected from online threats!
- Improved ad blocking. The highest filtering quality.
- Premium technical support. We will help you with any problem in the shortest time possible.
What’s New ?
[Added] New “Notification Icon” setting option: “Notification without icon”
So now we now have 4 options:
1. Default icon. Icon and notification are always visible.
2. Colored icon (only in Android 4.X). Icon and notification are always visible.
3. Notification without icon. Icon is not visible. Permanent notification is visible, but it has low priority, so it is semi-transparent and placed below all other notifications.
4 None. No icon, no notification.
[Changed] Make “Protection paused” a permanent notification:
This change should help when Adguard pauses protection, sometimes Android may kill it’s process and then do not bring it back.
[Changed] Use keyboard settings to detect default language-specific filters:
[Fixed] Tethering/hotspot is falsely detected (second try):
[Fixed] T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling issue:
[Fixed] Error while sending feedback:
[Fixed] Sites with Transfer-Encoding=chunked are broken in “Simplified” filtering mode:
[Changed] Add Link Bubble Browser to the browsers list:
[Changed] Improve release notes layout: